A Heart for Duns
Finance Assistant (part-time)
Hourly rate: £10.00
Hours per week: 8
As part of a restructuring of its staff, A Heart for Duns is looking for a Finance Assistant to undertake the day to day financial operations of the Volunteer Hall.
The postholder will be based at the Volunteer Hall, Langtongate, Duns.
The Finance Assistant will undertake a range of duties relating to the financial operations of the Hall, supporting the work of the Development Manager and of the Honorary Treasurer of A Heart for Duns.
- Ensure hall bookings are processed, charged and paid for in accordance with procedures
- Ensure regular issuing of invoices to office and other long term tenants, and their timeous payment
- Ensure systems are in place for the sale of tickets etc. for AHFD events, or other events for which this service is provided
- Liaise with AHFD bar supervisors and events co-ordinators over floats, takings etc.
- Ensure all cash/cheques are recorded, balanced and banked
- Manage petty cash float and transactions
- Subject to the agreement of the Development Manager ensure all bills are paid
- Ensure payment of routine bills etc. (e.g insurance, licensing etc.)
- Ensure staff are paid in accordance with time sheets, subject to sign off by the Development Manager
- Assist the Development Manager and Hon. Treasurer with the financial aspects of grant applications and the management of active grants to the Trust
- Produce basic reports for the Development Manager and the Hon. Treasurer
- Advise the Development Manager and Hon. Treasurer on improvements to systems
- Ensure timely renewal of licence applications, insurance policies and facilities maintenance contracts
Undertake other appropriate duties as required.
This post is part-funded by the Big Lottery Fund.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23 April 2017
To apply for the post, please email your completed application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org