As Development Manager you’ll be planning and implementing solutions to help A Heart for Duns deliver its mission to provide a high-quality, multi-purpose community venue for Duns in the Volunteer Hall, the largest venue in the Eastern Borders. It is currently used on a regular basis by local organisations and is the main performance venue in the town, for local non-professional theatre groups as well as touring organisations. AHFD also organise and host a range of fairs, events and other activities. As Development Manager you will explore and establish new ideas for volunteer and community engagement and income generation as well as working with the Trustees to secure funding for the re-development of hall facilities. AHFD is reviewing its wider role in the community and keen to build relationships with local organisations and businesses.
Who are we looking for?
You must have:
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and team working skills
- The ability to build relationships with partners and stakeholders at all levels
- The ability to contribute to the definition and structuring of projects
- Experience of working in a small, dynamic business with skills in business planning and administration
- Good organisation and time management skills to manage hall facilities and staffing
- Excellent IT and digital marketing skills
- Experience of leading a team and working with volunteers
This post would suit:
An independently minded person who can work on his/her own initiative. An excellent project manager, with a creative mind open to innovation and thinking for the future.
You must have the right to work in the UK.
Duration: 3 years from 1 May 2017
Location: The postholder will normally be based at the Volunteer Hall, Langtongate, Duns, but will be required to attend meetings and visit other locations as appropriate.
This post is part-funded by the Big Lottery Fund.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 23 April 2017
To apply for the post, please email your completed application form and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org