A Heart for Duns: Administrative Support Officer (temporary/part time)
Term: 1.12.16 – 31.03.17
Hourly rate: £10.00
Hours per week: 10 (further hours may be available)
We are looking for someone with a range of administrative and support skills to help the Board of Trustees to manage the Volunteer Hall.
You will need to have excellent people, IT and administrative skills, and be able to work unsupervised. Additional hours may be available for someone with financial skills and a working knowledge of Sage accounts.
The arrangement of working hours can be negotiated but is likely to be arranged over 5 mornings per week. Some flexibility may be required with the possibility of some evening/weekend work required to support events and bookings in the hall. Any additional hours will be paid at the basic rate.
The postholder will be based at the Volunteer Hall, Langtongate, Duns.
This post is for 4 months in the first instance as AHFD is currently seeking funding for the post of Development Manager; should such a post be created and filled, the ASO would report to that person.
Summary of role
The Administrative Support Officer (ASO) will manage the use of the Volunteer Hall, operating a venue booking system, and liaising with hall users and the caretaking and cleaning staff to ensure appropriate cover, set ups, access, support, etc.
The ASO will meet and greet hall users and handle new bookings, ensuring that queries are dealt with in an efficient and friendly manner.
In addition the ASO will liaise with the Finance Assistant and Honorary Treasurer to ensure appropriate financial procedures are in place and implemented.
The ASO will also liaise with the chair of the Board’s Events Team to book and make arrangements for a regular programme of events.
The ASO will ensure that appropriate licensing, insurance arrangements and procedures are in place and complied with.
Administer the use of the Hall
- Receive booking requests and confirm bookings
- Refer non-standard bookings to the Hon Treasurer
- Manage the caretaking support staff
- Ensure availability of caretaking support for bookings
- Ensure cleaning of appropriate areas is undertaken before/after bookings
- Maintain and sign off timesheets for self and caretaking support
- Ensure appropriate handling, storage, etc. of specialist equipment
- Administer appropriate periodic maintenance regime for equipment
- (Undertake financial administration as required)
Administer the Hall’s events programme
- Undertake a range of tasks involved with AHFD events, such as liaising with market stall holders, visiting artists, etc.
- Coordinate volunteers and organise rotas
- Oversee the sales of tickets, etc. for AHFD events, or other events for which this service is provided
- Attend AHFD organised events to provide professional quality front of house service
- Work with Chair of Events Team to identify and book artists, films, etc.
- Maintain overall calendar of bookings and events
Support the work of the Board and its sub-committees
- Attend and provide administrative support for the monthly meetings of the Events sub-committees
- Maintain AHFD membership records and undertake periodic mail-outs as required
- Liaise with chair of the Hall Users’ Group, attend meetings and provide administrative support
Administer appropriate licensing, insurance arrangements, policies and procedures
- Ensure that self, caretaking support and hall users are familiar with licensing, insurance and procedural requirements – and adhere to them
- Ensure licensing, insurance and procedures are up to date and appropriate, in liaison with the designated Board member